Monday 31 December 2018

Textile Postcard Project Week #66

December 30th 2018 - January 5th 2019

Today we have a 'bran new day' as well as a 'bran new year'. I am celebrating the privilege of living in these times or air conditioning and refrigeration. The sun has been hot and storms have come through regularly. The family home I grew up in did have a kerosene refrigerator but definitely no air conditioning. We survived hot summers and I even played tennis each week. I cannot think of this now.

The thunder rolls on a 'bran new day'
 My postcard depicts the hot sun and red sky around some storm clouds. The background is a piece of commercial cotton but I made the sun shape and machine appliqued it in position.










Aclose up view of machine stitching on applique
 

No comments:

Post a Comment