Tuesday 7 November 2017

Textile Postcards Week #6

November 5th - 11th 2017

'Crossing Streaky Bay' - photographed by Cynthia Brown


Earlier this year I took part in an Indigo Dyeing class. Using some of the resulting fabric I made a small wall hanging. I now find that I have a number of 'off cuts' which I plan to use as the feature on my postcards for the next few weeks.

Here is my wall hanging which was inspired by the crossing of Spencer Gulf on a punt. After this crossing we drove across Eyre Peninsula and camped near Streaky Bay.The water was quite obviously affected by wind. The streaky/wavy effect of the Indigo dye patterns inspired by my memory of this short water crossing resulted in the stitching of the quilt named 'Crossing Streaky Bay'


Week #6 -  November 5th -11th


Reverse side

1 comment: