Thursday 5 October 2017

Textile Postcards Inspired by June Brown Week #1A

Textile Postcard Series

October  2017

I really enjoy having a continuing project in my artistic life. I began by making a textile postcard each week.  My theme was based on the 'stuff' that I have collected and stored for later use.
I was then inspired by Brenda Gael Smith's article in Down Under Textiles magazine, Issue 28 to record this series of work as a blog beginning in October 2017.

My plans are as follows:

*To complete a postcard from textiles each week
Size 4 X 6 inches (approx) or 10 X 15 cm (approx)

*Because I have so many small pieces of textiles hidden/stashed away after years of collecting fabric and making quilts I have decided to use some of these.

* The postcards will have fabric on the front and printed details about this particular card on the reverse side.

* I plan to create a postcard each week beginning this month, October 2017.

* My plan/aim does not reach out to a finishing date. Hopefully twelve months, but who knows when my enthusiasm and the scraps are depleted.

* Wish me well with this project, and the sorting through of scraps from over 30 years of Textile Art practice.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on taking on this weekly practise. I will enjoy having a wander through as I take a break from my tax..Trish Leddin

    ReplyDelete